Thursday, October 25, 2018

Misusu child sweater



A few months ago my little person was lacking jumpers and cardis. I bought the Misusu children’s crew sweater pattern and sewed it up using random fabrics I had on hand.

I love how it turned out and the pattern was a fun and relatively quick make.


The pattern has some fun details like the back neck facing (is it called a facing when it’s not for finishing openings?) and the snap button closures.



I even sent off for larger (and colour matched) kam snaps to finish it off. The snaps are going through quite a few layers here as they also catch the seams. 

Mostly sewn up on my serger but the sewing machine came in handy for some nice details (facing and sleeves using a three step zigzag).
I busted out my new name tags for the second time. They're from Ali Express (L&L - handmade store).  I got LP's name with a selection of dinosaurs as iron on tags.  I was able to choose the name and font.





I twin needled the top of the pockets but mostly tried to stick to the serger as much as possible.



Delighted I've both reduced my stash of harder to use fabrics *and* made a cute and useful make for LP.


Pattern: Misusu Children's crew sweater
Size: 12-18m
Fabric: Two fabric a brac french terry knits and one drapey knit from stash (instead of a rib as I didn't have one)
Notes: I amended the sleeves to make them two tone as I wanted to use up the last of the green knit.
Improvements for next time: Not completely happy with the placement of the snaps and I needed to place it closer to the neckline.  But works well so not especially bothered!








No comments:

Post a Comment