Monday, November 19, 2018

Fabric a brac - Oophs!

I've been trying so hard this year to reduce my fabric stash. My sewing room has to be reassigned soon for LP's bedroom so I really need to consolidate and declutter.  

I've been using SewJourners Stash Shrinker spreadsheet to keep track of my fabric ins and outs.  I was doing great right up until Fabric a Brac in October.  FAB coincided with my birthday and I used it as a little too much of an excuse to over purchase.

But guilt aside, I bought some lovely fabrics and I've cut into just one of them since. 


This lovely echino print is only a 50cm length purchased from the lovely Maryanne of Made Marion.  This was a pure impulse buy - and not my usual colours but something just appealed. 


Two 50cm lengths of this fleece back cotton blend.  I can't wait to turn them into sweaters for LP.  I figure I can get two out of them with contrasting elements.


Far too much flannel for PJs.  But oh so snuggly!  I'm planning on a pair or two of PJ bottoms for me and some for LP.


Quilting cotton for a new cushion cover for the living room.  Our current ones are getting a little old and worn.  They're also not particularly well made - given I made them early in my sewing career and also didn't bother with zips or buttons and just used an envelope method to close them at the back.


Won't it look great?


Buttons from Vinnies ReSew.  


Some cotton PUL.  I'm not 100% sure what I'll use this for - possible another change mat as I think I've cracked my pattern.  I'm considering whether I make it up as a pattern and make it available on my blog.  It's fairly straightforward now that I've had enough time to figure out how all the bits go...


More quilting cotton - Babar - I loved this character as a child.  I'm hoping if I see the books again they won't have 'aged' and come across as racist or sexist.  One can but hope!


A short length of kiwi themed quilting cotton.


A small tonne of Dr Suess quilting cotton.


And finally a retro inspired quilting cotton.


All in all, I ended up purchasing 15.5m and my end dally was: 41.5m in and 48.5m out over the course of the year.  Bah!  I was doing so well!  But it can be a little too easy to spend and not so easy to sew it all up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment