Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Shark, baby shark



I couldn't seem to get the baby shark song out of my head (don't click! (you're welcome!)) as I worked on this pattern.  Its so cute I was even willing to put up it with it.



Everything from stash except for the safety eyes - purchased in Made Marion (who are on the move this month to a new premises on Cuba Street).  Its the free (!!!) shark pencil case pattern from patternposse.com.  I downloaded it from my craftsy account but the previous link is from the makers website.



Love the pattern and its well sized for a pencil case but my little person has a lot of larger markers at this age so I've printed it out as A3 to make a larger version with an easier zip to manipulate.  I strayed a little from the pattern instructions and used my overlocker and the back of the fabric for contrast.  The zip insertion was a little fiddly and I hope to do a better job the next time.



Pattern: Patternposse.com via craftsy
Fabric: Outer - leftovers from an unblogged (and failed) pinafore purchased at the Fabric Store - it has a bit of a glitter running through it which hasn't come out in the photos but looks good in real life.  Inner: Stitchbird quilting cotton leftovers repurposed from our wedding table runners. Notions - zip from stash and freshly purchased safety eyes from Made Marion.



No comments:

Post a Comment