Saturday, June 22, 2019

Put a bird on it quilt



A quick quilt to use up some of my stash before Fabric a brac at the weekend.  I've had this on my to make list for ages. 



I cut the bird and dot squares possibly two years ago and the backing fleece was fabric I bought for our wedding about 6 years ago with the plan of reusing it when we were finished.  I think this is the last fleece I have left (but I'm not too keen to go stash searching just in case!). 



There's plenty of birds left but dots have been used up.



I added in an extra fabric as the two contrasting birds/dots didn't do enough for me when I alternated them.  This extra fabric was from StitchBird in Kilbirnie Wellington.



I used quilting safety pins to keep the layers together and then quilted every second square.  I'm relatively pleased with the quilting on top but the bottom is a little twisted.



Its a little hard to get the full quilt manipulated on my faithful Toyota machine.



Need to figure out what I've done and how I can fix that the next time.  But I'm actually quite happy with the look of it!













No comments:

Post a Comment