Tuesday, August 27, 2019

pom pom hat

This was the first collaborative effort with my little person for something for them!











I hacked together a crochet hat pattern for my 2 year old (though likely to fit someone else's 3 year old).

Round 1: 4 chain (ch) stitches (st) and slipstitch together
Round 2: Ch 3, 11 double crochet (dc), slip to close (12 st)
Round 3: Ch 3, 1 dc in first st, and 2 dc in the next 11 stitches, slip to close (24 st)
Round 4: Ch 3, *2 dc in first st and 1 dc in next st*, repeat for next 22 st (36 st)
Round 5: Ch 3, *2 dc in first st and 1 dc in next 2 st*, repeat for next 31 st (48 st)
Round 6: Ch 3, *2 dc in first st and 1 dc in next 3 st*, repeat for next 43 st (60 st)
Round 7: Ch 3, *2 dc in first st and 1 dc in next 4 st*, repeat for next 54 st (72 st)
Round 8-19: Ch 3, dc in each st (72 st)

I used DK yarn and a 5mm hook. I have quite a tight crochet style so someone else could easily use a 4.5mm hook instead.  I added a loose pompom to the top (LP preferred that to the ears I was suggesting!).

The finished hat is similarly sized to a 3-6 year knitted hat my little person received as a gift (in case I used that one to figure out the sizing).  I'm writing it here so I'll remember for the next time (so I can size it up!).  The hat is 18cm top to bottom and 53cm in circumference.



No comments:

Post a Comment