Friday, December 28, 2018

Cushion



A nice quick restorative make towards the end of the year.  I used up most of the 1m of quilting cotton I bought at Fabric a brac from the wonderful Maryanne of Made Marion.



This was a little labour of love and I went a little OTT on some of the touches.  Self covered fabric buttons at the back.



And homemade piping around the side seams.  The yellow cotton fabric was from stash and for extra stash busting points, I used some cord I had lying around from a pop up tent a friend gifted me when she moved but the tent fell apart recently.



The piping could be a little better applied but I like the final look and it was a fun make which also extended my skills.



One piece of cord wasn't quite long enough to go the whole way around the cushion so I hand stitched it together and then placed the cord in the yellow fabric - I didn't bother to cut on the bias as the cord wasn't particularly wide so I knew the corners wouldn't be too difficult to wrangle.



There was quite a bit of time spent pining in front of the television though.  Thank God BM puts up with my fidgeting while we're watching something together!



I adore the fabric and am really pleased to have updated my cushion selection and replaced one of my early makes that was definitely beginning to show some wear and tear as well as never really fitting the insert well in the first place.  I haven't realised you needed negative ease with cushions to make them puffy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment