Sunday, May 24, 2020

Face mask using the John Hopkins folded pattern

I really hope these stay unnecessary in New Zealand. I made four soon after we got back as something relatively easy to sew in lockdown.  Two for me and two for BM.  I used up an old tee as the lining.  Its four layers - two knit (the tee) and two woven (front and back).  


I added a cotton tape to the back to add a removal wire.  Its a pocket - one side open so I can change the wire. (which is a pipe cleaner actually)  The wire makes it much less likely that my glasses will fog up.  But my glasses keep slipping down my nose.


The ties are good as it means you can tie them at the back of your head rather than around your ears.  


I've made another one since then that looks better on and feels more comfortable!


fabric: from stash and lost to the mists of time



No comments:

Post a Comment