Sunday, May 17, 2020

Jacks PJs

New PJs for my little one.  Really pleased with how these turned out.  


From design to execution!  I ended up using a different top pattern than I planned but I only had it up to size 2.  I ended up using the T-Shirt, Raglan Sleeves pattern by Sewnz (in size 4 - it goes from 1-10 years) and a free bottoms - Movie Night Pajamas from Sew a Little Seam (available from 1-12 years).  I had fun designing these and the colour combination works really well and takes away from the prison like colour scheme!


The fabric is a stretch cotton and the red has a really nice recovery.


I love using my bodkin for pulling the eleastic through the casing - makes that job so much easier (purchased at Made Marion in Wellington).


Someone now needs to admire my stripe matching!


They're a comfy hit with my little person.

Fabric: jacks were purchased in the states via mail order from I *think* Fabric Mail and I can't recall when I got the red (but its great)
Notes: annoyingly the SewNZ pattern doesn't include the expected length of the neckline and gets you to measure it for each size - it really should be in an associated table.  I used a 31.5cm strip here for size 4.  The seam a little seam pattern was free via their facebook group.  Its a great bottoms and I'll happily make them again.  The only downside was that the pattern is only available as a A4/letter print PDF and I really am beginning to hate taping patterns together.  



No comments:

Post a Comment